Bitcoin Gold -- QUOINE does not plan to distribute Bitcoin Gold due to unresolved technical issues in its network. We will continue to monitor and review the situation until all technical concerns have been resolved. See this for positions of other exchanges taking a similar stance on Bitcoin Gold.
Segwit 2x -- The following applies to both non-Japanese and Japanese users:
- Fork is expected around Nov 15 on block 494,784
- We will name the new product B2X. We should make it clear that this by no means reflects our support for either crypto currency. We will re-evaluate naming at a later date depending on factors like chain with most difficulty.
- Withdrawals and deposit crediting will be deactivated during the fork starting on Nov 15 (date to be confirmed once we have a better estimate of when the fork will take place) and re-activated after the fork once we're comfortable that the network is stable on the day after the fork.
For Japanese users, we will distribute according to the balance snapshot at the time of the fork. No further action required.
For non-Japanese users:
- We will distribute according to balance snapshot at the time of the fork.
- For BTC lenders, we will take into account live loans and they will receive equivalent B2X on live loans.
For borrowers of BTC (traders with margin short positions), we will deduct equivalent B2X as BTC they borrowed from their balances.